Idea To Profit Innovation Workshop
Learn how to use evidence-based decision making to accelerate business growth.
Join the Orlando Regional Chamber for a hands-on, interactive one-day workshop designed to equip you with tools and knowledge to scale current businesses into new markets, evaluate customer segments and develop an organizational culture based on experimentation and growth.
The methodology is called Business Model Canvas (BMC) which de-risks the assumptions of your business or project in order to increase your chances of success.
During the workshop, you will learn how to:
- use the Lean Startup BMC methodologies and apply them to current projects or ideas;
- test assumptions to avoid risk of failure;
- identify what your customers believe differentiates you;
- capitalize on your unique advantages to grow and scale; and
- evaluate new processes and technology that can help you get an edge on competition.
Cost to participate:
Chamber member & Orlando Economic Partnership investor: COMPLIMENTARY
Non-Chamber member & Non-Partnership investor: $99
Seating is limited. | Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Designed for established companies, this one-day workshop will help:
- increase your customer base and rate of growth;
- learn Lean Startup BMC methodologies and apply them to current projects or ideas;
- know when to say no to opportunities;
- leverage what your customers believe differentiates you;
- capitalize on your unique advantages to grow and scale;
- increase the speed of trust with your clients;
- continue to be relevant and of value to established and new customers; and
- evaluate how and when to implement new technology.
Instead of writing a complex business plan, you will learn how to easily draft your ideas visually and articulate them so anybody can understand the desirability, feasibility and viability of your service, product or program.
If you have any questions, contact Vanessa Zabala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructors:
Vanessa Zabala, MSC is the Director of Impact Development at the Partnership as well as adjunct professor at the University of Central Florida and Rollins College where she teaches technological and social entrepreneurship. Vanessa is a nationally certified instructor in Lean methodologies and Business Model Canvas. She has used this methodology with large corporations such as Boeing and Publix, as well as small and medium sized companies seeking to grow their business and open new lines of revenue.
Dr. Dale A. Brill is Senior Vice President of Research and the Foundation for Orlando’s Future at the Partnership, with professional experience in start-up environments and expertise in public policy innovation driving entrepreneurship. He pioneered the first state-wide implementation of economic gardening with GrowFL, which helps companies overcome obstacles to growth and leads them towards prosperity.
Metered spaces are available on E. Central Blvd. and E. Pine Street. Covered parking is also available in the parking garage located across from 301 E. Pine Street at a rate of $4/hour.