As part of its commitment to equip the Orlando region's Millennial generation with practical tools and knowledge to help prepare them for the next phase in their professional growth, YP:NEXT presents a professional development session on the topic of board service. This engaging panel discussion will examine the need for young professionals on boards and the impact boards have on our community.
Moderator: Min Sun Kim | Assistant Director, Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership, Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College
- Rachael Kobb | Senior Director, Advocacy & Public Policy, Orlando Economic Partnership and Orlando Film Commissioner
- Jason Reynolds | Manager, Orange County Neighborhood Services Division
- Scott Mann | Founder, High Forge
- Mila Smith | Vice President of Human Resources, Balfour Beatty
- Chris Sorensen | President, Sorensen Moving & Storage Co.
Panelists will share how board service helped shape their careers and provide advice on how to identify and join boards that align with your interests, goals and values.
As announced in December, the top three YP:NEXT members with the most referred members signed up by February’s meeting will win the following:
- First place: two tickets to Walt Disney World, SeaWorld Orlando or Universal Studios Orlando
- Second place: two tickets to an Orlando Magic basketball game or Orlando City soccer game
- Third place: four tickets to the Orlando Science Center
All you have to do is refer them to the YP:NEXT page where they can find the 2019-2020 schedule and membership form (make sure they put you as their referral) or send me their name and email address and I will get in touch with them.
Please contact Patricia Thomas, Administrative & Operations Coordinator, at Patricia.Thomas@Orlando.org or 407.902.2443.